Posted on Aug. 31, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
The Blood Center of Central Texas is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Founded in 1951, our mission is to safeguard the community’s gifts of blood and tissue with uncompromising quality and excellence in customer service.
We are hiring a Components Technician to manufacture blood components not only used for patient transfusions, but to create other products that help save lives. This position works in a highly regulated, fast paced environment where attention to detail and being adaptable to change quickly is critical. In this role, you will have a direct impact on our mission, as well as the community we proudly serve. Even better, you will work with great people who care about the work they do!
• Create electronic records of all blood components appropriately.
• Inspect and determine visual acceptability for all blood products throughout manufacturing steps.
• Perform quality control activities in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that include reviewing daily temperature monitoring documents, recording centrifuge quality control, verifying scales are within target values, and assessing blood product quality control.
• Complete all documentation accurately with strict adherence to cGMP and SOP.
• Monitor all product storage equipment and take appropriate action in the occurrence of out-of-temperature events.
• Prepare shipments as well as shipment documentation in accordance with SOP, cGMP and fractionators’ requirements.
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Familiarity with personal computers and/or blood processing systems.
• Experience in a regulated environment is preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Texas driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and proof of insurance.
• Must be available to work from 10:00 am until 7:00 pm, Sunday through Thursday, and be able to participate in the rotating on-call schedule.
Interested in The Blood Center, but not this job? Check us out at www.inyourhands.org to see how you else you can be a part of our organization and help save lives!