Posted on Aug. 11, 2017
Grey Snow Management (IOWA Tribe of Oklahoma) is currently seeking candidates for the Compliance Officer opening.
Responsible for managing Human Resources activities, such as office administration, employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations and strategic departmental planning.
The Compliance Officer reports to the General Manger and provides support in all areas of compliance and related activities. The Compliance Officer ensures that a maximum level or customer service and Guest satisfaction is achieved and maintained by the department.
***Interested candidates: For immediate consideration, please email your resume or apply online today! A full job description is also available online. You will be linked to this position for quick, easy apply online, email address and our phone number for questions.
Benefits include: 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Life. 75% paid medical for dependents/spouses. 6% 401K Match, LTD, STD and Aflac available.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide ongoing compliance reporting and policy reviews to the Compliance Manager and provides input on areas to improve efficiency in the casino operations.
• Ability to review operational areas, identify key internal controls, and assist with developing internal control procedures that comply with Tribal, State, and Federal gaming regulations.
• Knowledge and understanding of Title 31 as it relates to gaming.
• Recommends revisions of policies, procedures, and internal control standards.
• Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and casino policies and procedures, and TICS (Tribal Internal Control Standards.
• Ability to conduct MICS internal audits or compliance investigations.
• Maintain a good rapport with the gaming commission and co-workers.
• Ability and flexibility to travel between casino operations if and when necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
• Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
• Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
• Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
• Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
• Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university preferred and/or 2-4 years of gaming or related compliance experience.
Must be proficient in Microsoft office applications with an emphasis on Excel, Work, and Outlook. Must possess excellent communication and writing skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, legal documents, and audit report findings. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from Guest and Regulatory Agencies.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma operates a drug-free workplace. The selected individual must submit to and pass applicable drug test. Additionally, the selected individual must be bondable and able to pass a background check in order to obtain a gaming license.