Posted on Apr. 14, 2017
The purpose of this classification is to monitor all individuals entering and exiting the facility, and ensure the whereabouts of all clients are accounted for at all times. Employees will engage with clients on a routine basis, and utilize cognitive behavior techniques, in order to foster and promote positive and productive thinking and interpersonal skills; employees may be required to facilitate staff training on tasks related to coverage duties, as well as client group sessions on healthy decision making, as needed. May be required to work overtime, fill in for absent workers, as needed, in order to maintain desired staffing levels for a 24/7/365 operation. No experience necessary.
• Perform coverage duties at assigned facility
• Conduct urine &/or alco-sensor testing for all clients entering the facility
• Monitor safety & security of facility
• Conduct outside perimeter checks
• Observe & identify clients in unauthorized locations & communicate with case manager, program manager regarding appropriate corrective action
• Document and report violations, hazards to the appropriate authority/designee
• Monitor client telephone calls
• Supervise facility internal and external clean-up & maintenance conducted by resident clients
• Report property/facility malfunctions, needed repairs to appropriate maintenance staff
• Engage with clients on an ongoing basis, utilizing cognitive behavioral techniques & cognitive behavior change tools (e.g., role playing, mirroring, reflecting), participate in prosocial engagement & activities with clients; foster & promote healthy decision making, positive & productive lifestyle perspective for resident clients
• Maintain records of inventory & ensure designated areas are kept secure/locked
• Dispense medication(s) to resident clients (i.e., not requiring Med-passing certification) as needed
• Ensure clients receive meals when not present during schedule meal periods
• Participate in mandatory staff meetings, brief incoming shift staff on client activities via pass-on logs
• Assist with client intake procedures
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
• Must possess a valid Ohio Driver's License
• Must pass a criminal background check; must pass a pre-employment drug screening; must complete 40 hours of in-service training on
May work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays; may be required to work mandatory overtime; may be exposed to potentially violent clients; may exceed normal physical requirements due to extenuating circumstances.
Alvis is committed to attracting and retaining qualified, productive and motivated employees through a compensation package comprised of pay, professional development opportunities, benefits and the intangible rewards of helping others to turn their lives around. We offer a variety of benefits depending upon the type of employment (part time, full time, nonexempt, exempt, etc.).
The following is a basic overview of benefits available to our staff:
• Vacation, personal and sick leave
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Short term and long term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Professional development
• Employee assistance program
• Life insurance
• Shift differential pay
To apply for this position please fill out the ‘Quick Apply” section with your name, email and phone number. Attach, type or paste your resume in the space provided and click apply now. You may also apply in person. Click apply now to be directed to be directed to the location address.