Posted on Nov. 9, 2017
• Excellent Pay!
• Fantastic Benefits!
• Department: Information Technology
• Location: Eagle Pass, TX
• Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or another relevant field.
• Two (2) years relevant professional work experience
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Successful completion of background check necessary to obtain and maintain employment.
• Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all times.
• Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and from work.
• Master’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or another relevant field.
• Four (4) years relevant professional work experience.
• Native American preference is observed.
Responsibilities• Promote positive public relations between the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas (KTTT) and the community.
• Prepare and provide information to the tribal community and the public about the activities, goals and policies of the KTTT.
• Responsible for planning strategy and tactics including creative concepts and media selection; interfaces with department managers to identify promotions, activities and events that require advertising and other communications support.
• Oversee web site activities and develops public relations tactics and relationships, and leads the development of in-house communication pieces.
• Informs the KTTT of all policies, objectives, goals and related information essential to the effective implementation of KTTT programs.
• Responsible for the review of advertising publications, promotional and collateral materials to ensure quality performance.
• Responsible for budgets related to advertising, entertainment, public relations and property communications.
• Supervise day-to-day activities; provides training, planning, assigning and directing work; interviews and hires; appraises performance, rewards, and disciplines employees; corrects and approves time cards, schedules time off, and posts shift bids; and addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Performs all functions in accordance with applicable Tribal, Federal and other laws and KTTT regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service are provided and listens and responds to guest and employee concerns and questions.
• Serve as the official Public Information liaison between the KTTT and the community. Serve as the KTTT spokesperson and coordinate media coverage including preparing press releases and publishing articles and photos in the local media and other publications and manage the KTTT’s public information activities.
• Creation and dissemination of effective news releases that are designed to inform and encourage media coverage of the KTTT, announcements and media advisories, arranging of news conferences or media briefings, and development of news announcements and other information for release on a variety of platforms including the KTTT website, social media, newspaper and/or other digital/print outlets.
• Help KTTT personnel publicize and promote any performances, exhibitions, displays or special programs sponsored by KTTT.
• Design, prepare and edit KTTT publications including newsletters, recruitment brochures, programs for special events and other publications. Copyedit, proofread and revise communications. Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and digital.
• Maintain KTTT press release files.
• Assist in organizing KTTT events and serve as master of ceremonies, as needed. Oversees coordination of special activities, events and programs.
• Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Skills• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Must be self-motivated and willing to work with others.
• Must possess a positive attitude.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimal.
• Language Skills: Must be able to speak, read, and write English and Spanish other languages are a plus; ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic instructions, furnished in written, oral or diagram form in English and Spanish.
• Ability to understand, provide and follow written and verbal direction.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to manage and maintain security of confidential data and information.
• Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
• Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to Kickapoo traditions, religious beliefs and way of life.
Work hours• 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday Central Time
Employment in this position is at will, which means that employment may be terminated at any time by the employer or employee without cause or notice.
Click on Apply Now!