Posted on May. 5, 2017
Commercial Lines Retention Representative
Pearl Insurance has an immediate opening for a Commercial Lines Retention Specialist in our Kansas City office.
The Client Relations Account Representative is responsible for promoting and renewing assigned Pearl Insurance coverage(s) to existing clients over the phone and through email, mail, and fax. Answers inquiry’s through the call center from policyholders or insurance brokers regarding current coverage(s) and upcoming renewals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Conduct high volume of customer contact via the phone, email, mail, and fax in order to promote and renew assigned coverage(s) to existing Pearl Insurance clients; sell ancillary product(s) to clients.
• Facilitate the application and underwriting process with the client and the internal underwriter; send application to client; finalize application and any applicable forms and prepare information for submission; follow up with the client when additional information is needed in order to complete the underwriting process.
• Present the quote or estimate to the potential client; close the sale; attempt to gain market intelligence if unable to close the renewal.
• Document sales activities in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
• Build and maintain customer relationships following their first year of coverage by responding to various questions, needs, and requests.
• Serve as a back up to other Client Relations Account Representatives when they are not available.
• Stay up to date on product, market, and industry knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, or a related field; previous sales and/or customer service experience, preferably within the insurance industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interface effectively at all levels within an organization.
• Property and Casualty insurance license required (or the ability to obtain).