Posted on Oct. 18, 2016
This is an exciting time for Empire Today, and we need dedicated, enthusiastic people to help us grow! We value our employees and strive to provide opportunities and work environments that make our people happy to work every day. We foster a rewarding company culture so that our employees feel good about working for Empire Today and strive to continue serving customers with the passion and dedication that the company was built upon. Empire Today is looking for an experienced Commercial Installation Coordinator to support a process to ensure that commercial flooring installations are installed on time, within budget and as defined by scope. This position reports to the Director of Installation Field Services.
The Installation Coordinator position provides strategic logistics support to our Sales and Operations team. The position is directly responsible for ensuring accurate and timely delivery of required inventory and materials to support commercial flooring installations by coordinating internal and external freight transportation, tracking internal inventories to ensure accurate order-fulfillment and coordinating special order material requisitions. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in logistics coordination and administrative experience with strong customer service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans and coordinates the supply and movement of commercial flooring inventory to and from regional distribution centers and customer locations.
• Communicates daily with sales force and installation managers to schedule and plan for upcoming flooring installations.
• Tracks internal inventory in preparation for installations and requests inventory replenishment as needed.
• Troubleshoots distribution issues by communicating with internal staff.
• Coordinates picks-up and delivers for ongoing flooring installations.
• Expedites delayed or incomplete material orders to meet promised delivery and installation dates.
• Manages sales force and installation manager expectations to ensure satisfaction and outcome.
• Collaborates with company departments to streamline material logistics and order fulfillment.
• Performs material and operational coordination to ensure flooring installations complete on time and within budget.
• Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• 3-5 years of experience and knowledge of quality, customer relations and logistics.
• Exceptional data entry skills
• Strong Time Management skills
• Self-Starter, must be punctual, dependable and responsible.
• Must be efficient with ability to multitask
• Excellent written and verbal skills