Posted on Oct. 18, 2016
The Commercial Account Consultant (CAC) contacts potential customers through both inbound leads and aggressive self-generation to develop flooring sales opportunities in commercial settings such as (but not limited to) residential property management, hotels, restaurants, or office buildings. The CAC works with customers to determine the correct flooring products and applications for specific projects and continually prospects for viable new opportunities while developing a key awareness of what is happening within the market’s geographic area. This position reports to the market Commercial Market Manager (CMM) with secondary reporting responsibility to the market Sales Manager or Satellite Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify commercial business opportunities in the market that offer the maximum potential based upon past experience and contact network and on Empire’s proficiency in that market. Define one business channel specialty stemming from the analysis based on Empire’s stocked and configured commercial product offerings.
• Working with the CMM, develop personal sales goals and a business plan to achieve them with a primary focus on the targeted market channel specialty.
• Design and produce a Business Channel Specialty pack for chosen specialty.
• Make contacts and cultivate relationships with various industry decision makers within the Business Channel Specialty that may have need for flooring products such as carpet, hardwood, or laminate.
• Take proactive action to drive increased sales performance in order to achieve commercial flooring sales objectives.
• Submit Commercial Business Weekly Call Sheets to the CMM weekly.
• Meet with CMM monthly to evaluate market channel data growth and call results in business Channel Specialty pack.
• Possesses commercial flooring product knowledge in order to be able to sell the best product to the customer and answer their questions.
• Conduct research through avenues such as the web, periodicals, and networking to determine prospective clients
• Work with potential customers to layout, design, & coordinate flooring selections.
• Submit completed original sales contracts and supporting document to the local market office every Tuesday and Friday.
• Up to 80% travel to various locations.
• Attend weekly commercial sales training meetings.
• Attend additional individual training as necessary.
• Other duties as requested or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in end user sales with some business to business sales background.
• Experience in commercial flooring sales and construction experience preferred, knowledge of various flooring products such as carpeting, hardwood, laminate, etc., is a plus.
• Strong ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with various levels of internal and external management while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
• Good ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing work environment.
• Strong ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Excellent math skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Excellent ability to routinely call on personally harvested leads and grow market share.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing is preferred.
Computer Knowledge Requirements: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.