at YRC Freight
Posted on May. 10, 2017
"We’ve always had the best benefits. Now we have better pay, too!”
YRC Freight for Combination Drivers/Dock Workers in Cumberland, RI and the surrounding area
We are looking for drivers who go the extra mile. That’s why we go the extra mile for our drivers:
Combination City Driver / Dock Workers must be able to perform all of the duties of a city driver and a dock worker.
The Driver/Dockworker will drive truck and trailer to transport materials in liquid or packaged form to and from specified destinations. Safely and efficiently load and unload freight into and off of trucks and trailers.
21 or older.
Possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Hazardous Material endorsement. Ability to operate a commercial motor vehicle in adverse road, weather, and traffic conditions.
One year of tractor-trailer driving experience.
A current motor vehicle report (MVR) that represents a history of safe operation.
Read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway and traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, read a bill of lading, and make accurate entries in daily driving log.
Able to follow posted safety rules and safe operating procedures to insure proper techniques, such as lifting, are performed in the manner as which is described.
Work various shifts and days of the week.
1. Experience in a warehouse or transportation industry.
Experience operating a forklift
2. To operate various tractor-trailer combinations or straight trucks between Company terminals or yards and customer facilities or work sites; to sort, handle, load and/or unload freight at Company and customer locations in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
3. To efficiently sort, handle, and load and unload freight into and from over-the-road equipment, containers, city trailers and/or straight trucks in accordance with oral and written instructions, as well as federal and state regulations.
There are many benefits to joining the YRC Freight family of professional drivers. They include:
• Competitive Salary
• Overtime pay for all hours worked greater than 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week, based on contract.
• Company-paid health and welfare at little or no cost to the employee. This includes:
o Prescription Drug
o Life Insurance
• Direct Deposit
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Sick Days
• 5% Wage Increase After 1 Year, 2 Years and 3 Years
Just starting out? YRC Freight can get you in the driver’s seat and give you the skills you need to succeed. Call a YRC Freight Driver Recruiter to get on the path to a great career.
To find out more about the new and exciting things going on at YRC Freight click Quick Apply to get the number of one of our recruiting specialists. They will give you answers and let you know what the next steps are!
Click the Apply Button for more information.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans