Posted on Nov. 17, 2017
The Coil Tubing Operator coordinates and oversees the coiled tubing service line work at the well site.
This advanced level position is responsible for handling the more complex, hazardous, and/or high profile jobs, while providing quality service and ensuring customer satisfaction with the work performed.
The Coil Tubing Operator coordinates and directs the activities of the assistants during the rig up and down of service line equipment and the assembly and preparation of equipment for installation, service and running of a job.
At the culmination of each job, the individual in this position coordinates the clean-up, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
Education requirements• High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience requirements• Prefer prior work experience with heavy equipment operation and maintenance
Qualifications• Class A CDL preferred, with hazardous material endorsement.
• Valid Texas Drivers License, with clean driving record.
Responsibilities• Operates Coil Tubing units and associated equipment without supervision.
• Must have developed necessary skills within the service line and grasp a general understanding of other service functions.
• Must be fully trained in operating all associated pressure control equipment (Fluid Pump, Nitrogen equipment).
• Conducts the pre-job and post-job inspections and testing of the coiled tubing units by completing pre and post job inspection forms.
• Conducts the maintenance and general upkeep of the coiled tubing units and related equipment.
• Knowledge of coiled tubing unit operations, including but not limited to correctly connecting hydraulic hoses, equipment startup, engaging of prime mover and hydraulic pumps. A demonstrated knowledge of the function and location of all coil tubing unit operating controls.
• Has an active and lead role in mentoring the coil tubing assistants.
• Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
• Delegates certain job tasks to the Coil Tubing assistants during job operation.
• All other job duties as assigned.
Skills• Good language skills.
• Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Work hours• Ability to work a varied schedule, with the possibility of a 24 hour on call schedule.
• Significant travel time may be required.