at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jan. 11, 2017
Works under general supervision with engineering, marketing, facilities, manufacturing and I&D to fabricate precision machined parts using standard and complex machine tools. Produces prototype and production tooling used in manufacturing and plastic processing operations not limited to plastic injection molding.
. Utilizes advanced knowledge to program and produce precision parts on Conventional and CNC Machine Tools.
* Produces products utilizing a variety of machining equipment to specified tolerances and finishes.
* Provides proper care and maintenance of tools, equipment, and facilities including general housekeeping.
* Works from routine and complex prints, sketches, drawn points, or verbal directions to fabricate precision machined parts and production tooling.
* Can originate simple and/or complex setups.
* Inspects work for compliance with blueprints, process sheets, and written or verbal specifications using basic inspection equipment.
* Designs, plans, and executes the sequences of related technical operations for fabrication of precision parts or molds.
* Provides input to designers or engineers on parts configuration with alternative solutions for reduction of manufacturing complexity and tooling costs.
* Services machinery or equipment and maintains facilities.
* Interacts as a team member sharing ideas and machining experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum 10 years experience.
WORK SCHEDULE: 2nd shift position (M-F). Start time is flexible...generally between 2:30pm and 10:30pm.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
* Ability to machine to the level of tolerance required by company products.
* Ability to comprehend and interpret blueprints.
* Requires extensive and practical knowledge of different materials and their workability such as plastics and exotic tool steels and their uses.
* Demonstrated knowledge and use of shop mathematics including applicable trigonometry.
* Skilled in tool room grinding, tool and die work, sheet metal, mold making and fixture development.
* Ability to provide a high level of customer service in the area of machining/mold making.
* Ability and willingness to commit to continuous learning and to keep up with changing technologies in the field of model/mold making.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Proficient on all standard/nonstandard shop tools and equipment.
* Knowledge and use of relevant CAD/CAM software applications and skills to use them effectively.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.