Posted on Aug. 30, 2017
Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
We are currently seeking a CNC Lathe Machinist. The incumbent must be able to setup and operate a CNC lathe with little or no supervision needed, must be able to read blueprints, make some program changes and be able to make adjustments to offsets accordingly.
Summary of Position:
Set up and operate specific machine tools to produce close tolerance machined parts per engineering routing instructions, with little or no supervision from Team Leader required.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Setup/teardown of machine tools – load and/or unload jaws, fixtures, tooling as needed
• Download programs from central database
• Make minor program changes as needed to improve process
• Load and unload parts from machine
• Frequent inspection of finished product to control quality through the machining process
• Monitor cutting tools and make adjustments as needed, make machine offsets and index or change inserts as needed
• Make tooling changes as needed to improve process
• Keep immediate area clean and orderly
• Machine tools… such as but not limited to CNC Lathes, Mills, or VTL’s
• Hand tools
• Pallet jacks
• Jib crane
Our ideal candidate is motivated by daily and weekend overtime.
1st shift: Monday - Friday (7:30AM - 4:00PM)
2nd shift: *Monday - Thursday (4:00PM - 2:30AM) "4-10's"
* 2nd shift differential pay of $3/hour is in addition to base pay
• Minimum of 3 years of machining experience
• Horizontal and/or vertical lathes
• Ability to make all minor program changes if needed
• Read and understand engineering routing and process drawings
• Ability to determine when cutting tools are dull and should be changed or indexed
• Ability to use measuring instruments, including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, height gauges, depth gauges, etc.
• Ability to use mechanical equipment, such as pallet jacks, jib cranes, die grinders, belt sanders, files
• Good working knowledge of math and minimal trigonometry
• Ability to follow complex written and verbal instructions
• Ability to read and comprehend drawings and shop routing.
• More that 7 years machining
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and professional development/advancement opportunities.
Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the country in which this position is located. For information on employment eligibility in the United States, please visit the U.S. Immigration Services website.
Solar Turbines is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply. Solar Turbines conducts Drug Screens and Background Checks.
After completing the Quick Apply Form, complete the application on the employer's website using the following Requisition ID: 4245BR.