Posted on Mar. 1, 2018
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Westminster Woods on Julington Creek has immediate openings for Certified Nursing Assistants - CNA's in our Assisted Living facility.
** Med Tech required **
Provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with nursing care procedures and as directed by supervisor.
This individual will preserve resident’s dignity, honor resident rights, provide good customer service, communicate appropriately and adhere to federal and state compliance regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster and its communities.
1. Assist patients/residents with Daily Living Activities such as bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, transfer, ambulation, toileting and other resident needs.
2. Ensure the following tasks are completed on a daily basis: beds are made; trash has been removed from the room, that meals are served to residents and maintain a high level of hygiene in the room.
3. Taking vital signs and reporting observations and any change in condition to the nurse.
4. Practice Infection Prevention and Control measures in compliance with Federal, State and Facility requirements.
5. Document in CNA ECS flow-sheet timely, accurately and completely.
6. Make routine and frequent rounds and ensure those safety precautions/equipment are in
place and in working order.
7. Avoid development of skin problems or skin breakdown by providing timely incontinent care and frequent repositioning residents that need assistance.
8. Assist the Activities Dept with Activities for the residents.
The above job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the assignments and responsibilities assigned to any employee; nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely
listed in the description.
This job description may change from time to time as the needs of the organization change.
Must be certified nurse’s aide in accordance with laws of Florida.
Medical Technician Certified
Must be CPR Certified
Experience and Basic Knowledge:
Working with older adults in a healthcare setting is
desirable, preferably a minimum of 6 months.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
The Physical activities of this position involve:
Balancing Kneeling Reaching
Crouching Pulling Standing
Manual Dexterity Pushing Stooping
Grasping Lifting up to 40 pounds
Sensory and communicative activities with or without prosthetics of this position are:
An individual in this position will be exposed to:
Inside/outside environmental conditions
Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of this position.
About Westminster Woods:
Our mission is to serve people — residents, employees and our neighbors in the greater community. As a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, our sole purpose is to serve older adults, by providing beautiful and quality environments to enhance lifestyles at every level of independence.
The Westminster Communities of Florida story starts in 1954, with the First Presbyterian Church of Bradenton chartering Westminster Manor, and quickly moves to Central Florida with communities in Winter Park and Orlando.
Today, we’re happy to serve more than 6,500 residents in 18 communities throughout the state, offering active, independent living, assisted living and nursing care in our nine Continuing Care Retirement Communities, as well as affordable communities for low-income seniors.
Westminster Woods is located in NW Saint Johns County.
EEO/DFWP "We honor those who have served.