Posted on May. 12, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Flexible schedule
Heritage Park Health and Rehabilitation Center has C.N.A / Certified Nursing Assistant openings for Night and Evening Shifts full time and part time, 3-11 and 11-7.
*Flexible Schedules and Tuition Reimbursement Available*
Must be willing to work weekends. Perform activities of daily living for the residents assigned, under the direction and supervision of a Charge Nurse. Is responsible for assisting professional nursing in providing resident care.
Perform activities of daily living for the residents assigned under the direction and supervision of a Charge Nurse. Is responsible for assisting professional nursing in providing resident care.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
A. Resident Care Function:
• Provide personal care to residents, including bathing (bed, shower, tub, whirlpool) shampooing, combing hair, oral care, personal hygiene, shaving, nail care, and dressing. Ensure call bell is positioned within residents’ reach.
• Keep incontinent residents clean and dry.
• Distribute, empty, and clean bedpans and urinals and assist residents to and from bathroom or with bedside commode.
• Empty catheter bags as needed.
• Ambulate residents, assist residents in and out of chairs, and wheelchairs, position bedridden residents according to plan of care, and utilize appropriate support devices.
• Make rounds and reposition residents.
• Prepare residents for meals and assist with meal service – transport residents to and from dining room, serve trays, assist with feeding when necessary, remove trays, and accurately document residents; intake immediately after consumption.
• Serve nourishments and between-meal-snacks to residents as ordered and distribute ice and water, rotating water pitchers and deliver pitchers to the Dietary Department for sanitation.
• Make occupied and unoccupied beds and run down beds for residents.
• Provide skin care – keep residents on turn schedule and use lotions and massages as needed.
• Check residents’ restraints and releases to allow for activity and reapply restraints as ordered.
• Take and record vital signs.
• Answer call lights and answer questions and respond, giving appropriate care or alerting Supervisor.
• Observe residents for any changes in condition and report changes to Supervisor.
• Measure and record intake and output.
• Document appropriate information daily on the ADL sheets.
• Transport residents to and from activities.
• Treat residents with dignity and always observe all residents’ rights and confidentiality.
Staff Development Function:
• Attend mandatory in-services and maintain certification.
• Assist with orientation of new Nursing Assistants.
• Straighten residents’ rooms and closets and clean inside of bedside tables.
• Clean and return resident care equipment to appropriate areas.
• Remove soiled linen, rinse in the hopper and transport dirty linens to laundry.
• Label residents’ clothes and put away residents’ clean clothes.
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent education/experience.
• Must be certified in the state where applying or become certified within the first four (4) months of employment.
• Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
• Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment exam, if required.
Physical Demands and Environment:
• Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, and pulling.
• Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other associates.
• Ability to present to groups.
• Ability to remain calm under stress.
• Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and outside agencies.
• Understand, comply with and promote rules regarding residents’ rights.
• Maintain an orderly confidential, and safe work environment.
• Assist with admissions and discharges.
• Practice universal precautions at all times.
• Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
We offer a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, Life, vacation, holiday, sick and a matching 401K.