Posted on Sep. 29, 2017
$44,000.00– $58,000.00 Annually
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
If you are searching for a dynamic, leading-edge company that is focused on providing quality care for our patients and growth opportunities for our employees, you've found the right place!
Our reach extends from the Tampa Bay to Orlando to South Florida, including primary care centers (DaVita Medical Group and HealthCare Partners South Florida) and pharmacies (AmeriDrug).
We have won numerous workplace awards including one of Modern Healthcare Magazine's Top 100 Best Places in Work in Healthcare and Top Places to Work for numerous years.
Our employees work in a safe, caring, primary-care environment with the support of a strong corporate team.
Education requirements• Certificate in Practical Nursing Science required for LPN; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Science required for RN.
Experience requirements• 2 – 5 years of experience in Med-Surg, ER, ICU, Acute Care is preferred.
• Experience with electronic health records (EHR) is preferred.
Qualifications• Valid Florida LPN/RN license.
• Ability to obtain CPR certification within 60 days of employment.
• Ability to obtain IV Certification within 90 days of employment. (LPN Requirement)
ResponsibilitiesUnder the direction of the Provider, the Clinic Nurse provides direct patient care in accordance with Company protocols, established standards of nursing practice, and the FL Nurse Practice Act. Promptly screens patients with signs or symptoms of illness. Works with the clinical team for appropriate treatment, plan of care and disposition. Ensures patient monitoring and follow up. The Clinic Nurse reports to the Center Administrator.
• Contributes to and supports the corporations quality initiatives by planning, communicating and encouraging team and individual. Maintains a strong focus on quality and continuous improvement within job scope.
• Maintains an active nursing appointment schedule for assisting the Provider in the monitoring of members’ health care needs.
• Assists the Care Manager and Provider in the follow-up management of post- hospitalized or post-emergency room visits.
• Comprehensively screens patients for care opportunities and collaborates with treating physician to develop care plans that meet patients’ needs and result in appropriate quality care.
• Provides condition specific patient education and anticipatory guidance, as well as care coordination, under the guidance of the Provider.
• Maintains clinical documentation within the medical records assuring compliance within all guidelines.
• Provides health teaching.
• Provides direct nursing care, comfort measures, emotional support to patients.
• Comprehensively screens patients for care opportunities and collaborates with treating physician to identify referrals to care management.
• Executes orders of Provider based on knowledge of cause and effect of order after verifying accuracy.
• Performs selected IV therapy and administers prescribed treatment per Provider order.
• Documents all interventions, responses, and outcomes.
• Initiates standard emergency procedures until Provider or EMS is available.
• Applies principles of asepsis and infection control.
• Compliance with Company’s Code of Conduct, HIPAA regulations and the Florida Patient’s Bill of Rights.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
Skills• Strong focus on service excellence and customer service.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task; must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Knowledge of medical equipment and maintenance. Ability to learn how to maintain medical equipment.
• Ability to travel as necessary based on business need.
• Ability to work overtime based on business need.
Work hours• Various shifts.