Posted on Sep. 19, 2017
Texas Disposal Systems is a family-owned, independently operated business that prides itself on doing business the right way. Come join our team to see how we do business in a noticeably different, noticeably better way.
A Residential Driver will assist the Rearload driver to make sure the route is run efficiently, productively, and safely at all times and in compliance with all governmental regulations pertaining to trucking and waste operations. This position will provide courteous, professional service to all customers.
• Valid Texas Class B Commercial Driver’s license or permit
• Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), with no serious accidents or traffic violations
• Ability to perform basic math functions; and
• Ability to effectively communicate in English and to read, write, and understand written and spoken English
• Report to work at designated times in proper company uniform and with required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Assist in examining route sheets, identifying new stops and stops not on route.
Assist driver with reading notes from Residential Manager and/or Dispatch and discusses daily work as needed.
• Assist in the collection of the route as sequenced on the route sheet and/or fleet routing software, noting sequencing problems or changes and recording them on the fleet routing software.
• Ensure the truck is clean and well-maintained before leaving the TDS facility.
• Work productively and safely and behaves courteously and professionally.
• Available for shifts scheduled on weekends or holidays.
• Know and understand driver hand signals.
TDS provides residential waste service to thousands of homes, making us one of the largest residential service providers in central Texas. We serve individual homeowners, homeowners’ associations (HOAs), municipalities and municipal utility districts (MUDs). TDS services include cart and dumpster service, single stream recycling, curbside compostables collection in select areas, bulky item collection, and direct phone access to our residential Customer Care representatives. Consistent, courteous and safe collection of solid waste and recyclables is our focus, and TDS is committed to maintaining drivers that are professional and courteous at all times
Click on APPLY NOW!