Posted on Mar. 31, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
Burkhart Enterprises, Inc. is a third generation company that has diligently continued to improve and expand its business over the past six decades.
Truck transportation is a major operation at Burkhart Enterprises. This part of organization supports all our other operations & brings them together as a cohesive process.
OUR OPERATIONS INCLUDE:
• A Loading & Unloading facility.
• A rail facility with 2000′ Rail, Bottom Dump Pit, 32 Car Capacity.
• Privately Owned River Port where loaded barges are off loaded using two large excavators equipped with clamshell buckets.
• A 1250 Komatsu & a 1000 Komatsu.
• A 100 ton Northwest crane is also available for the more heavy lifting.
• Various other equipment such as loaders, tandem trucks & fork lifts augment the barging operation.
OUR EQUIPMENT INCLUDES:
• Late Model Mack Tractors
• Aluminum Flatbed Trailers
• Aluminum Dump Trailers
• Pneumatic Tankers
We are easily transporting customer service along the southeastern seaboard.
• Excellent Pay
• Safety Bonus
• Longevity Bonus
• Standard Employee Benefits
• High Driver Retention Rate
Education requirements• High School or Equivalent
Experience requirements• 2 years truck driving experience
Qualifications• Requires a Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) to qualify
Responsibilities• Truck transportation is a major operation at Burkhart Enterprises. This part of organization supports all our other operations & brings them together as a cohesive process.
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
• Inspect loads to make sure cargo is secure.
• Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
Skills• Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
• Controlling operations of equipment or systems
• Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators in order to confirm a machine is working properly
• Managing one's own time and the time of others
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
Work hoursYou will be home on weekends and frequently you will also be home during the week.
As a Burkhart Enterprises Truck Driver, you will drive within a 500 Mile Radius of Knoxville, TN.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer