Posted on Sep. 14, 2017
Roll-off Drivers will deliver loads to a designated landfill site. This position will operate the recycle truck, in compliance with all governmental regulations pertaining to trucking and waste operations, and will provide courteous, professional service to all customers.
Education requirements• High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience requirements• 1 to 2 years related medium or heavy truck driving experience and/or specialized training;
Qualifications• Excellent heavy truck driving skills;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Ability to perform basic math functions; and
• Valid Texas Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
• Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations
• Valid medical card or the ability to obtain one
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
• Class A CDL
• Asbestos certification
Responsibilities• Report to work at designated time in company uniform and with required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Collect the route as outlined in the route sheet and document changes, problems (using company provided camera and/or note the route sheet), etc. on the route sheet.
• Record time on route sheet at each customer stop.
• Perform post-trip truck inspection, make sure the cab is clean and the Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) is turned in.
• Work and drive productively and safely and behaves in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
• Available for work on weekends and/or holidays, as scheduled
• Responsible for using good judgment to determine if a customer-loaded container is over maximum tonnage and for reporting overweight boxes immediately to the dispatcher for direction.
• Responsible for and required to track personal DOT compliance, i.e. daily hours of service, and to report immediately to the supervisor if in danger of being out of compliance.
• Report any moving violations incurred during work hours to the supervisor at the end of the shift.
• Responsible for and required to report any personal moving violations or accidents to the supervisor within 72 hours.
• Responsible for maintaining a valid Medical Card and a valid Driver’s License.
• Ensure that the assigned truck is fully-fueled, safe to operate and that the required paperwork is on board before leaving the yard.
Click on Apply!