Posted on Nov. 9, 2017
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Operate Ready Mix truck in a safe and efficient manner adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
• Prescription Drug
• Health Care Reimbursement Account
• Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
• Wellness Programs
• Employee Assistance Plan
• Paid Holidays and Vacation
• 401(k) with Company matching
• Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
• Optional Long-Term Disability
• Employee Life Insurance
• Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
• Business Travel Accident Insurance
• Direct Deposit Payroll
• Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
• College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
• Matching Gift Program
• New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Experience requirements• One-year experience operating diesel tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience strongly preferred
• Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
• Demonstrate neck range of motion within normal limits (flexion and extension 60°, lateral flexion 40° and rotation 70°)
• Lift objects of various dimensions and weights
• Ability to operate hand controls with both hands
• Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet
• Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching
• Ability to use vibration tools
• Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
• Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
• Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet
Qualifications• Possess a Class B Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL), or better
• Possess a safe driving record
• Maintain an active DOT qualification
• Read, write and communicate in English
• Ability to perform well in a “TEAM” environment
Responsibilities• Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed.
• Uses water hoses to clean mixer between loads.
• Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
• Assists maintenance with repairs as needed.
• Visually inspects the consistency of concrete in mixer.
• Communicates and directs coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals.
• Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
• Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned.
• Exercises good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site.
• Maintains good customer relations.
• Acts in a professional, courteous manner.
• Maintains a professional appearance.
• Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
• Demonstrates a good working knowledge of Rules and Regulations and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
• Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants click on apply now.