at Kirby Risk
Posted on Sep. 25, 2017
Fleet Drivers! If you are dependable, a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills, have a valid CDL A license and a good driving record, Kirby Risk Commodities Center has a great opportunity for you as a Route Transfer Driver in Indianapolis!
Kirby Risk is a regional electrical distributor with 38 locations in Indiana, Illinois and Ohio.
Come join us and be part of a great team!
Kirby Risk provides a full benefits package, including Medical, RX, Dental, Vision, Life, Employee Assistance Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, and a 401K Plan as well as PTO.
Operate company-owned fleet vehicles (GVW over 10,000 lb.) to ensure efficient, accurate delivery of products to our customers while demonstrating a safe and courteous image to the public. Provide load quality and compliance feedback to shipping department via shipping documents and other communication tools. Maintain standards and expectations of all relevant DOT requirements.
Your Specific duties in this role will include, but not be limited to:
• Delivering freight to internal and external customers while following standard operating procedures.
• Ensuring the safety and security of Kirby Risk employees, facilities and assets by consistent adherence to safety-critical processes.
• Complying with all company guidelines and expectations.
• Performing all functions related to loading, unloading and operating company vehicles and ensuring proper BOL and/or manifest procedures are followed.
• Maintaining positive customer relationships.
• Representing the company as required regarding dress, approach and communication.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Valid CDL A license and good driving record
• 1+ year warehouse and/or delivery experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, strong written/verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail.
The candidate must possess the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and talk or hear, both in person and by telephone. This position requires the candidate to sit for extended periods and stand and work with arms at or above shoulder height for extended periods. Travel is required.
What's the company culture like at Kirby Risk?
The roots of this continuously successful 90-year-old organization are reflected in its Midwestern values; hard working, engaged, caring people, who treat one another and our customers with the utmost respect and approach their work with a sense of urgency.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by
Friday October 24, 2017
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE MENTION WHERE YOU SAW OUR AD!
Any responses not reflecting the education/skills/experience required will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer