Posted on Sep. 20, 2016
Truck Driver – Class A CDL
$1,500 Sign On Bonus!
Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you’ll drive like a champion! Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
• Home daily for all positions
• Excellent pay and benefits
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Great supervisors
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Unlimited career potential
Compensation – Starting salary is $18.00 with increases at 6 months, 12 months, and 24 months. Plus $1,500 Sign On Bonus!
Route/Activity – Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product to customers. Drivers are delivering health care supplies to local hospitals and dialysis centers in Wichita, Ft. Riley, Topeka, Leavenworth, Joplin and Springfield, MO as well as Local Kansas City Metro. Routes can go from 6 -15 stops per day dependent upon the route - HOME EVERY NIGHT!
Shift – Monday-Friday with Saturday and Sunday off plus one additional day during the week. Route departure range from 11:30 pm to 3:00 am with most routes leaving at 2:00 am.
Equipment – Single Axle and Tandem Axle Day Cab Tractors. 26' Straight Truck with lift gates; 48' & 53' Dry Van trailers with Lift gates; Powered and manual pallet jack, 2 wheel collapsible dolly
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
• Safe and reliable operation of assigned equipment.
• Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
• Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
• At least 23 years of age
• CDL Class A license with “H” (Hazmat) endorsement required
• 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
• Reliable and customer oriented
• Safety oriented
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit us online to learn more.
To Apply online or Email Employer:
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form and select "Apply Now"
2. Follow the link provided to complete your application on the employer's website or select employer email to email employer directly.