Posted on Sep. 14, 2016
TRUCK DRIVER - CLASS A CDL
Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers?
Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you’ll drive like a champion! Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
• Home daily for most positions
• Excellent pay and benefits
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Great supervisors
• Paid time off
• Cash balance pension plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Unlimited career potential
Route/Activity – Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product to hospitals, surgery centers, DaVita locations. Delivery area is central Ohio, Northern Ky. and parts of West Va. Operating SADC/TADC, 40' to 53' trailers with lift gate covering 150 to 425 miles per day. Some routes do include backhauls and backhaul pickups. Some weekends may be required.
Shift – 4x10 shifts. Night to Overnight.
Driving positions with various start times.
Equipment – 40' to 53’ Dry Van Trailers with lift gates.
Compensation – Hourly starting at $20.00
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
• Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
• Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
• Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery. Must have well groomed appearance.
• At least 23 years of age
• CDL Class A license required
• 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
• Reliable and customer oriented
• Safety oriented
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
To Apply online OR Email Employer:
1. Fill out the "Quick Apply" Form and select "Apply Now"
2. Follow the link provided to complete your application on the employer's website OR select employer email to email employer directly.