Posted on Sep. 2, 2016
$2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you’ll drive like a champion! Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
Why Penske? Home daily for most positions. Excellent pay and benefits. Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support. Dedicated accounts. Great supervisors. Paid time off. 401K. Cash balance pension plan. Training. Tuition Reimbursement. Unlimited career potential.
Route/Activity – You will be part of an in-house fleet supporting Goodyear, a leading manufacturer of tires for their Commercial and Residential customers. Freight types consist of tires. Routes are primarily in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky and parts of Virginia. On average driver stops between 1-10 stops per day with doing 3rd party backhauls. On average driver are overnight 1-2 nights per week.
Equipment – 48’ & 53’ Dry Van Trailers
Compensation – $0.40 per mile, $11.00 per stop, $0.10 per tire, $12.50 per hour for delay (after 1 hour).
• At least 23 years of age
• CDL Class A license required
• 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
• Reliable and customer oriented
• Safety oriented
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit us online to learn more!