Posted on May. 11, 2017
Meet with Recruiters In-Person
Saturday, May 13th
9 am - 2 pm
Click Apply now for Details ~
The TRD Lead Driver is responsible for operating a tractor-trailer in a safe and appropriate manner. In addition, a TRD Lead Driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards; ensuring that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle; and interacting with customers in a courteous and respectful manner.
• Hauls and disposes of oilfield chemicals and by-products using a tractor-trailer, in compliance with DOT regulations.
• Ensures all jobs are operated in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.
• Trains new drivers.
• Directs the daily work of drivers.
• Guides team members and ensures that they are following proper safety and work procedures.
• Leads a 10-15 minute tailgate meeting with team members at the beginning of each work shift.
• Performs safety inspections as required by DOT and maintains DOT driver logs and records, according to regulations and requirements.
• Conducts pre- and post-trip inspections of tractor trailer unit, hoses, fittings, and valves. Monitors DEF and other fluid levels.
• Maintains satisfactory customer service, keeping radio or telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions.
• Completes work tickets and maintains daily inventory of tools, fittings, and hose connections on the unit.
• Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing duties.
• Reports all safety issues, incidents, and concerns to management and notifies supervisor of current or anticipated repair needs.
• May operator a roll off trailer, vacuum truck, master vacuum, and/ or 40 BBL pump truck.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Class A CDL with tanker endorsement.
• Hazmat endorsement.
• Knowledge of tractor-trailer and equipment safety.
• Knowledge of salt-water collection, delivery, and disposal procedures.
• Knowledge of DOT regulations and requirements.
• Experience operating a tractor-trailer in a safe and responsible manner.
Rewarding Compensation & Benefits:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage.
• Dental plans with dental maintenance alternatives.
• Vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.