Posted on Apr. 21, 2017
Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Disability Insurance
Windmoor Healthcare is actively reviewing applications and scheduling interviews for a Director of Nursing to join our compassionate team!
The Director of Nursing is a key member of the Hospital Leadership Team who will integrate and coordinate a patient centered nursing strategy with a keen focus on patient care; ensuring that delivery of high-quality and cost-effective health care is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Universal Health Services and in accordance with government regulation, licensing and accreditation requirements. The DON participates in the hospital’s strategic planning and contributes to the achievement of institutional goals and objectives.
The Director of Nursing will focus on 5 key areas: People, Service, Quality, Growth, and Finance
PEOPLE: Creates an environment which supports employee development and teamwork to deliver compassionate patient care in a safe environment.
SERVICE: Creates systems, processes and care standards to support the delivery of patient care in a safe, fiscally sound environment of service excellence.
QUALITY: Provides accessible, timely, efficient, cost effective care by utilizing evidenced -based practice and continuous performance improvement.
GROWTH/COMMUNITY: Fosters an environment that supports growth and community through activities, partnerships and shared goals.
FINANCE: Supports an environment of financial stability to achieve the UHS mission and strategy.
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Career development opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
• Competitive Compensation
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
• 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Licensure: Current license or permit to practice professional nursing in the state of employment.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a CCNE accredited nursing program; Master of Science in Nursing is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of behavioral health nursing clinical practices and management.
• Extensive knowledge of principles and practices relevant to nursing and patient care activities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of effective management and supervisory practices. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Five or more years of progressive nursing management experience in behavioral health setting
• Ability to plan, direct, and monitor others’ activities with demonstrated leadership abilities that contribute to a positive work environment
• Proficiency with common computer based applications such as electronic mail, word processing and various databases, whether PC, network or mainframe based.
• Travel Requirements: Occasional US travel to conferences and UHS management meetings.
Submit your contact information by selecting the "Apply Now" button.