Posted on Mar. 28, 2018
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT - CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
The Department of Veterans Affairs a 24/7 long term facility is currently seeking a C.N.A. in Claremore, OK.
Offering a 3p - 11p shift. Galt Foundation offers health benefits after 60 days of full-time employment.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies.
***Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume to us today. Click “Quick Apply” to start the application process.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
• Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient’s condition.
• Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
• Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
• Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
• Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
• Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
• Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for comprehensive health services.
The Patient Care Assistant job family has multiple levels which are distinguished based on the level of skill required, responsibility and complexity of specific assignments, and the responsibility for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level where employees perform routine entry-level work, and receive training in providing care or services to patients or clients. In this role they will primarily assist other patient care staff in performing various functions and work under close supervision.