Posted on Dec. 15, 2017
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT - CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
The Department of Veterans Affairs a 24/7 long term facility is currently seeking a C.N.A. in Claremore, OK.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct and indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies.
CNA I and II positions are with Galt Foundation and not state employees.
***Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume to us today. Click “Quick Apply” to start the application process.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
• Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient’s condition.
• Performs delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
• Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
• Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
• Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical functions.
• Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
• Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for comprehensive health services.
The Patient Care Assistant job family has multiple levels which are distinguished based on the level of skill required, responsibility and complexity of specific assignments, and the responsibility for providing leadership to others.
This is the basic level where employees perform routine entry-level work, and receive training in providing care or services to patients or clients. In this role they will primarily assist other patient care staff in performing various functions and work under close supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability is required to record observations and activities, to follow oral and written directions, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience required at this level is none.
This is the career level of this job family where employees perform a full range of patient care duties or services under nursing or medical direction. This includes taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, assisting with activities of daily living, observing and charting patient information, and reporting appropriate information to supervisors. It may also include providing various outreach services to clients within the community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include those identified in Level I plus knowledge of public health services available to the community; of record keeping; of the techniques of interviewing, of basic nursing practices and techniques; of basic methods of sanitation and personal hygiene; and of medical terminology. Ability is required to apply basic nursing techniques.
Education and Experience required at this level consists of one year of experience in providing patient care.