Posted on Jul. 21, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Lake Placid Health & Rehabilitation Center is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic CNAs to join our team.
Education requirementsMust be a current Certified Nursing Assistant in Florida to qualify for this position.
Experience requirementsNo experience required.
QualificationsCurrent CNA certification
Responsibilities• Provide personal care to residents, including bathing (bed, shower, tub, whirlpool)
• Shampooing, combing hair, oral care, personal hygiene, shaving, nail care, and dressing
• Ensure call bell is positioned within residents’ reach
• Keep incontinent residents clean and dry
• Distribute, empty, and clean bedpans and urinals and assist residents to and from bathroom or with bedside commode
• Empty catheter bags as needed
• Ambulate residents, assist residents in and out of chairs and wheelchairs, position bedridden residents according to plan of care, and utilize appropriate support devices
• Make rounds and reposition residents
• Prepare residents for meals and assist with meal service – transport residents to and from dining room, serve trays, assist with feeding when necessary, remove trays, and accurately document residents’ intake immediately after consumption
• Serve nourishments and between-meal-snacks to residents as ordered and distribute ice and water, rotating water pitchers and delivering pitchers to the Dietary Department for sanitation
• Make occupied and unoccupied beds and turn down beds for residents
• Provide skin care – keep residents on turn schedule and use lotions and massages as needed
• Check residents’ restraints and releases to allow for activity and reapply restraints as ordered
• Take and record vital signs
SkillsPerform activities of daily living for the residents assigned under the direction and supervision of a Charge Nurse. Is responsible for assisting professional nursing in providing resident care.
Work hours7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm