Posted on Jan. 11, 2018
$1000 Sign On Bonus
Austin Materials is the leading supplier of Asphalt Paving materials in the state of Texas. We have repaved interstate highways & improved the Austin and San Antonio residential areas for than 20 years. We believe in a team effort whereby Together Everyone Achieves More. Austin Materials has provided great jobs and benefits to men and women throughout Texas since 1993. We seek qualified individuals who share our values and our commitment to safety and quality.
Are you looking for great growth opportunities and amazing benefits? Then Austin Materials is the company for you! Apply today and build a career with us!
Seeking candidates to drive our Company Belly Dumps (18 Wheeler), Super Dump Trucks and Dump Trucks.
************ MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE MANUAL TRANSMISSION TRUCKS *************
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Know, understand and comply with all Department of Transportation, (DOT), state and local regulations.
• Pre and Post Trip Inspections for truck/trailer and complete daily logs.
• Responsible for ensuring your truck/trailer is road-worthy prior to leaving the yard and/or job-site at all times and work directly with mechanic to guarantee any repairs needed are made to the vehicle prior to leaving the yard.
• Adhere to company safety policies, actively participate in job-site and safety meetings as required and all Company related training.
• Follow direction of the Foreman and/or Superintendent with regards to daily production schedule and activities.
• Operate trucks to transport materials and assist in light maintenance of your truck/trailer.
• Must follow company’s drug and alcohol policy, as well as, all OHSA regulations. All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow all safety guidelines at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to operate vehicles and trailers in a safe manner, in compliance with local, state and federal traffic laws.
• Must be able to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment in a variety of different situations.
• Must be able to climb, bend, and kneel to get in/out and around truck/trailer without issue.
• Medical and Pharmacy
• Basic Life Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Wellness Program
• 401K - 4% Match
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off
• Gym Membership Discount
Interested applicants click on Apply Now!