Posted on Apr. 20, 2017
***MEET OUR HIRING MANAGERS IN PERSON!!!
***Visit us on April 26th from 10:00am to 2:00pm
***Click Apply now for the location address
Advanced Disposal is NOW HIRING CDL Driver(s) to join their team in Lakeland, FL!!!
HS Graduate or Equivalent
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
General Purpose of Job: Operate refuse truck and collect refuse and recyclable materials on a designated route
* Perform safety checks, pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure safe operating condition
* Refuel trucks and add fluids, as needed
* Ensure compliance with company policies, safety and maintenance procedures
* Complete any needed reports for defective equipment
* Drive to disposal sites to empty trucks
* Drive trucks along established routes through residential streets, alleys and business areas
* Operate automated or semi-operated hoisting devices that raise refuse bins and dump contents into openings in truck bodies
* Dismount truck to collect garbage and remount the truck to ride to next collection
* Communicate with dispatchers concerning delays, unsafe routes, accidents, equipment breakdowns
* Keep informed of weather conditions
Equipment/Tools Used: Trucks, seat belts, vehicle inspection equipment
Protective Clothing & Equipment Used: Reflective vest, gloves, steel-toe boots
Special Skills, Education or License Required:
* Driver must pass DOT physical and drug screen
* Driver must meet Motor Vehicle Records standards set by company
* Driver must possess a minimum Class B CDL
* Driver must have 3 years driving experience
* Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
* May be exposed to solvents, chemicals and refuse
* May be exposed to other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
***Please Click ‘Apply’ for LOCATION DETAILS to Meet Our Recruiters, and Submit your Resume Today!!!!
**We look forward to meeting you on April 26th!!