Posted on Apr. 14, 2017
TRUCK DRIVERS - Residential, Commercial, Roll Off, Utility
• Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
• Provide waste or recycling removal services to customers on assigned route(s) by emptying trash/recycling receptacles into truck and hauling to disposal site.
• Replace trash/recycling receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
• Clean up waste spills and overflows.
• Maintain and update route sheets.
• Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs.
• Maintain and update drivers log sheets.
• Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
• Clean waste from the packer blade and truck body.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to read and understand a map.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing).
• Ability to drive truck with a manual transmission.
• General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
• Previous CDL truck driving experience preferred.
• Waste industry experience, a plus.
• Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have at least a valid Class B CDL.
• Must have a valid DOT medical card or obtain prior to hire.
• Must not have any DUI’s or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
• Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
• No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
• Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
• Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
• Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
• Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
• Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
To Apply: Click