Posted on Oct. 5, 2016
Delivery Driver - Straight Truck or Combination Class A Truck
Salary Structure: Hourly
Schedule: 5 days, Off Sunday and 1 weekday, 5:00am- when done (usually 8 hours)
Drive and deliver customer orders. Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand. Provides excellent customer service and performs back haul pickups as needed.
Perform all pre-trip and post- trip inspections according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
Use provided technology system to communicate with dispatcher at base in regards to delivery discrepancies of challenges during the delivery process.
Attend all required company meetings.
High School Diploma/GED required. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide). Must have Commercial Drivers License (CDL), class A or B and be able to drive stick shift trucks. Must meet the medical requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT)
Minimum 2 year over the road commercial driving experience or 6 months to 1 year of food or beverage delivery experience.
• Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
• Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position.
• Must know/have ability to learn MSDS information regarding all material used within the scope of the work.
• Must be able to apply tire chains.
• Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:
- DRIVE Frequently (may be continuous on long hauls)
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT:
- 25-50 lbs. (Medium) Frequently
- 50-100 lbs. (Heavy) occasionally up to 80 lbs.
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY:
- 10-20 lbs (Light) Occasionally