Posted on Jul. 18, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
DHL has multiple openings on 2nd and 3rd shifts for FULL TIME and PART TIME Operations Agents to work as CDL B transporters in our Franklin Park, IL logistics team.
These individuals are responsible for the sorting and movement of parcels within, into, and out of the station gateway. Focus on great service quality through attention to detail, a “can do" attitude, speed, and safety are necessary to ensure that the entire process meets customer and internal requirements.
• Under tight deadlines and in all weather conditions; responsible for timely, safe, and efficient parcel sortation and transport with a focus on customer service and safety
• Ensure compliance with import/export regulations
• Operates sortation, transportation, and aircraft ramp equipment
• Operates scanning equipment to record shipping and package information of parcels
• Maintains good work habits, including reporting to work on time and adhering to standard work and safety procedures
• Reports any suspected breach of safety, security, or unusual happenings to supervisor immediately
Skills and Qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Must pass Criminal Background Check (Includes Driving Record) and Drug Screen
• Must be able to obtain airport security badge
• Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record; a CDL Class B (minimum) and air brake endorsement
• Knowledge of aircraft ramp equipment or ability to learn
• Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull forty (40) lbs frequently; up to seventy (70) lbs occasionally
• Must be able to walk, climb, reach overhead, squat, bend, kneel, stoop and crouch repeatedly
• Must be able to work in all climates and weather conditions
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.