Posted on Apr. 11, 2017
One of Florida’s largest importers and distributors of the finest stones including slabs, tiles and accessories is currently seeking a CDL Class A Driver to join our team in West Palm Beach.
We are looking for an individual that is professional, friendly, and customer focused.
The driver will be responsible for delivering materials to customer locations, or move materials between warehouse locations in compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Drives straight truck or tractor trailer to deliver materials to customer locations and/or move materials between warehouse locations.
• Verifies materials loaded on truck with Warehouse Supervisor or Shipping Assistant.
• Ensures that proper paperwork is delivered with shipment and receipts for deliveries are signed.
• Ensures that materials are loaded properly and secured before departure.
• Ensure that all shipping documents required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
• May hook and unhook trailer from tractor, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailers.
• Inspects truck for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips.
• Follows established operational and safety policies and procedures.
• May be required to perform other warehouse functions, as needed.
• 3 to 5 years of experience driving a commercial truck or tractor-trailer required.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
• Valid State of Florida Commercial Drivers’ License Class “A” with a safe driving record required.
• Good oral communication skills. Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Prior forklift and piggyback experience required.
• Ability to drive long-haul routes may be required.
• Meets the medical standards by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
• Knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
• Knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance.
• Knowledge and ability to maintain logbooks and trip reports to DOT standards.
• General knowledge of warehouse systems and procedures including safety regulations.
• Availability to work Saturday hours is required.
• May be subject to irregular work hours.
• Work routines frequently require prolonged period of sitting, standing, lifting and carrying materials and/or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including:
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Holiday and vacation pay
• 401(k) Program
We are a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.