Posted on Oct. 31, 2017
CDL A Shuttle Delivery Driver (Night Shift)
Salary Structure: Competitive Hourly Wage w/ Overtime Opportunities!
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday(Nights) - Home Daily
The primary function of this position is to drive a combination vehicle from Cincinnati, Ohio to Columbus, Ohio. This position will also include spotting trucks in dock doors.
Perform all pre-trip responsibilities to include:
Vehicle safety walk around and truck inspection according to DOT regulations. Check in with manager to see what trucks need to be backed in to the dock. Verify that the transfer trailer is loaded and ready to go to Columbus. Drive to Columbus and unload and get reloaded with product. Bring the loaded trailer back to Cincinnati and assist with the unloading of product.
Verify delivery of items and communicate any errors upon return to the facility.
Perform all post-trip responsibilities to include:
Turning in all paperwork related to the transfer of product to the manager on duty. Perform a post-trip vehicle safety inspection.
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Must have Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL), class A and be able to drive stick shift trucks
• Must meet the medical requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT)
Minimum 2 years over the road commercial driving experience or 6 months to 1 year of food or beverage delivery experience.
• Must be able to use, or learn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems(GPS) i.e. XATA, and tools used to perform the job.
• Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
• Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work the scheduled times and any required overtime
• Must be able to apply tire chains.
• Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
Benefits: At The Chefs Warehouse, we are dedicated to providing our employees the tools to succeed. We offer the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and more; Eligible after 30 days
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• 401K, with Company Match
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Employee Discounts
• The opportunity for growth at a rapidly growing company
The Chefs’ Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.