Posted on Nov. 6, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
Goodwill Industries has exciting new career opportunities this fall! Most people think of Goodwill as just a thrift store, but our business is really about changing lives. Our employees make our community a better place and everyone, regardless of position, plays a role in the success of our mission. We hire individuals committed to excellence and to providing much needed services in our community. We focus on abilities, not disabilities to generate revenue and support this mission and help people identify and gain meaningful work. Take the first step to join our team.
An application MUST be completed and submitted in order to be considered for employment.
Now seeking a Truck Driver in Tulsa, OK.
$14 per hour
• Company paid basic term life
• Paid time off
• Voluntary medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401k
Drives a variety of vehicles including trucks, vans and tractor/trailers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs daily truck check each morning before leaving dock and submits report daily to Transportation Coordinator.
• Drives tractor and delivers equipped trailer to Attended Donation Center, exchanges it for a full trailer, secures replacement trailer on site and returns full trailer to Plant. Continues additional rotations according to schedule.
• Services propane in ADC’s according to procedure.
• Drives service truck to ADC’s to deliver supplies and pick up large items and trash left after hours.
• Makes special pickups at residential or commercial sites as routed by the dispatcher.
• Makes store deliveries, insuring all documents and items listed to be shipped are in order and securely packed and tied for transport.
• Unloads trucks at stores and places merchandise on floor in location designated by the store manager. Heavy items will be taken to the sales floor and heavy items to be returned will be taken from the sales floor and loaded for return to the plant.
• Aids in unloading, loading or re-equipping trailers at dock as necessary.
• Furnishes Donations Coordinator, Transportation Coordinator and/or Operations Director with information concerning condition of ADC and sales trailers, personnel problems, safety hazards and supply needs.
• Reports any mechanical problems relating to the tractor, trailers and trucks to the Transportation Coordinator as soon as possible.
• Acts as driver on call on some weekends and holidays, as assigned, taking calls from ADC attendants for service or supplies. Performs rotations and service runs as needed.
• Provides oversight and direction to material handlers assigned to duty as truck helpers.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings.
• Other duties as required.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must be eligible for positive outcome on required State of Oklahoma criminal conviction background check.
• Current Oklahoma Class A CDL and clear driving record with a minimum of two years experience operating tractor/trailer.
• D.O.T. written safety test card
• Current physical card and road test card. Must be able to cross state lines per DOT physical card.
• Successfully passing pre-employment drug test.
• Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation including current automobile insurance, inspection and license plates.
On-the-job training (serving as learner or trainee on the job under the instruction of a qualified worker). Over 2 years up to and including 4 years.
Climbing, balancing, talking, hearing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, acuity-near, acuity-far, depth perception, field of vision and color vision. Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: Very Heavy Work: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with a two-man lift with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 50 lbs or more.
INTERESTED? Take these steps in order to join our team:
• Click “Quick Apply” to submit your contact information.
• Acquire an application via our website, at any Goodwill store, donation center or at our Headquarters. You MUST fill out a Goodwill provided application in order to be considered for employment.
• Expect an email or phone call from a Recruiter. If being considered, you will be provided with next steps. Make sure you check your spam folder.
If you do not have access to a computer, we provide free access to computers and Internet at any of our Job Connection Centers.