Posted on Sep. 29, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
We know, you want to be home every night – and driving for us – you can!
Being a delivery driver is hard, strenuous work. That bed at night probably feels really good for you.
It's time for you to feel safe, valued, and respected.
Welcome home, we’ve got a place set at the table, just for you!
Other companies offer home daily – but at Gordon Food Service – here’s what our Home Daily Route provides for you:
• Dedicated route with the best customers in the business
• Assigned Tractor – no slip seating
• Safe, clean, well-cared for equipment (we care for our equipment like we care for our people)
• Stable industry – the Food industry is booming – you could be part of that story
• Weekly, competitive pay - seriously
• Fantastic Benefits
• Continual investment in you and your well-being
Education requirements• High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
Qualifications• You must be 21 years of age or older (required)
• CDL Class A (Commercial Drivers License) required at hire or within 90 days of start date
• A CDL temp permit minimum requirement at hiring
• Ability to lift and move 300+ pounds per drop (about 10-14 drops a day)
Responsibilities• Enjoy an established route, building great customer experiences
• Deliver groceries to each customer site - likely 12-14 drops per day
• Get a workout with loads of up to 350 lbs on a two-wheeler
• Connect with the customer to be sure their needs are met
• Use state of the industry tools to track your deliveries and issues