Posted on Nov. 15, 2016
Heavy Equipment Operating experience is a plus.
Basic purpose of the position:
Comply with DOT and company recognized standards while safely operating company equipment to pick up and deliver trailers within an assigned area. Heavy equipment experience is a plus.
· Must be able to display the skills necessary to operate a tractor and trailer;
· Perform pre-trip inspection on all equipment, including but not limited to:
· Safety lights are working properly
· Proper coupling of tractors and trailers
· Air brake lines correctly connected
· Tractor and trailer inspected for flats and/or damage
· Must be in compliance with CSA, DOT and Road & Rail Services rules and regulations;
· Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance as determined at the company's sole discretion;
· Must be regularly available to work overtime, as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs;
· Must maintain a valid class A CDL
· Must be a minimum age of 23 years old
· No DUI
· No more than 3 moving violations/accidents in the last 3 years
· No preventable accidents in the last 12 months
Established in 1987, Road & Rail Services has grown and diversified to become a leading provider of rail related services in North America. Our network of skilled associates provides plant and terminal operating expertise as well as field maintenance of rail assets for railroads, rail shippers, and owners of rail related equipment and facilities.
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is conditional, based on a medical examination which includes a drug screen, and an examination to verify candidates can safely perform the essential functions of the job. Road & Rail Services requires a post-offer motor vehicle reference check, and background check. Employment and military (if applicable) verification required.