Posted on Jul. 11, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Cashiers Needed throughout the St. Louis Metro Area
It’s easy to see why you should work for Schnucks:
• Flexible Schedules
• Competitive Wages and Set Pay Increases
• Work Near Your Home
• Friendly, Fast-Paced Environment
• Teammate Discount after Qualifying Period
• Paid Vacations and Health Benefits after Qualifying Period
• Chance To Advance. Schnucks has a strong tradition of promoting from within. Many teammates who started working with us have grown with us, as their part-time jobs became long-term careers.
• Schnucks is successful because we value our teammates as much as our customers.
• Our large, state-of-the-art stores are clean, brightly lit, well staffed and absolutely up-to-the-minute in terms of product selection, decor and technology.
• We provide training and mentoring to ensure teammates’ success.
• We’re known as a “company of families.” From the Schnuck family on down, we believe that family members can work together and make our company even stronger.
• Schnucks is one of the top 100 privately owned companies and one of the top 10 privately owned supermarket chains nationwide.
· Provide friendly and courteous service to customers
· Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function of the job.
· Greet customers prior to checking their order
· Check out customer’s purchases accurately
· Identify and know produce items and be able to properly use produce and product codes
· Distinguish between manufacturer coupons and Schnucks coupons
· Process manufacturer coupons
· Collect correct amount due from customer
· Use proper procedure of accepting cash, checks, debit cards, credit cards, EBT cards, WIC vouchers and other payment options
· Complete register record accurately
· Practice and maintain cash security
· Bag customer orders
· Change register receipt and coupon machine tapes
· Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of store management
Schnucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.