Posted on Nov. 2, 2017
Part Time Cashiers Needed throughout the St. Louis Metro Area
Checkers provide fast, friendly, courteous customer service. They scan customers' purchases using the computerized cash register and are responsible for accepting payment for the purchase.
It’s easy to see why you should work for Schnucks:
• Flexible Schedules
• Competitive Wages and Set Pay Increases
• Work Near Your Home
• Friendly, Fast-Paced Environment
• Teammate Discount after Qualifying Period
• Paid Vacations and Health Benefits after Qualifying Period
• Chance To Advance. Schnucks has a strong tradition of promoting from within. Many teammates who started working with us have grown with us, as their part-time jobs became long-term careers.
• Schnucks is successful because we value our teammates as much as our customers.
• Our large, state-of-the-art stores are clean, brightly lit, well staffed and absolutely up-to-the-minute in terms of product selection, decor and technology.
• We provide training and mentoring to ensure teammates’ success.
• We’re known as a “company of families.” From the Schnuck family on down, we believe that family members can work together and make our company even stronger.
• Schnucks is one of the top 100 privately owned companies and one of the top 10 privately owned supermarket chains nationwide.
· Provide friendly and courteous service to customers
· Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function of the job.
· Greet customers prior to checking their order
· Check out customer’s purchases accurately
· Identify and know produce items and be able to properly use produce and product codes
· Distinguish between manufacturer coupons and Schnucks coupons
· Process manufacturer coupons
· Collect correct amount due from customer
· Use proper procedure of accepting cash, checks, debit cards, credit cards, EBT cards, WIC vouchers and other payment options
· Complete register record accurately
· Practice and maintain cash security
· Bag customer orders
· Change register receipt and coupon machine tapes
· Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of store management
Schnucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ResponsibilitiesHandling cash, maintaining cash security and bagging customers' orders
Accuracy and efficiency
Knowing produce items and store layout to assist customers