Posted on Apr. 21, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
The cashier is a key point of contact for customer service in the store setting, so successful candidates must be courteous, professional and have strong interpersonal skills. Basic responsibilities include checking out shoppers in large grocery store settings, assisting shoppers in locating items, and creating a pleasant overall shopping experience for all customers.
1. Quickly and efficiently checking items in a cashier lane.
2. Maintaining current knowledge of all government regulations regarding WIC orders, food stamps, health department guidelines, alcohol and tobacco sales, and lottery sales (where applicable).
3. Promoting sales of additional items.
4. Maintaining not only a clean cashier stand, but a clean overall store.
5. Sacking groceries for customers as needed.
6. Returning products to shelves.
7. Assisting customers in locating items throughout the store.
8. Counting exchange media accurately including cash, check, WIC, food stamps, coupons, ect.
9. Handle customer complaints or concerns in a professional, courteous manner and follow through to the best possible resolution.
1. Due to high frequency of customer interactions, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must-have for this position.
2. Able to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment.
3. Able to maintain a calm, courteous demeanor in all customer interactions and demonstrate a strong focus on customer service.
4. In addition to other requirements on a full job description, stand for long periods of time, and lift/carry grocery items as needed.
5. Basic math and reading skills are required.
6. Previous experience with cash handling in an office or retail setting is preferred.
7. Must be 18 years old to apply.
8. Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
This position is eligible to participate in medical, vision, dental and 401(k) retirement plans. It also offers a membership to a credit union, vacation and holiday pay, and life insurance, and access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).