at Kroger, Inc.
Posted on Sep. 21, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote trust and respect among associates.
• Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
• Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
• Responsible for being visible and actively greeting, engaging and assisting customers.
• Process customer transactions through the check lane quickly, accurately, and efficiently. Understand the Point of Sale (POS) system, and handle various tenders such as Cash, Checks, Credit, Debit, SNAP EBT, Offline SNAP EBT, WIC, Rain checks, complex loyalty offers, coupons and checkout procedures according to company policy.
• Understand and adhere to the company's limits on cash shortages and/or overages and work honestly and effectively to control loss.
• Understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items (Alcohol, Tobacco, Fireworks, Videos, etc.)
• Collaborate with Front-end associates to encourage teamwork.
• Report pricing discrepancies to the Scan Coordinator.
• Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
• Display a positive attitude.
• Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
• Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
• Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
• Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
• Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
• Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
• Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Ability to handle stressful situations
• Effective communication skills
• Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction
*Opportunities for Benefits (part time and full time benefits available)
*Opportunity for Tuition Reimbursement
*10% off Kroger brand products
Submit your application online today!