Posted on Jan. 23, 2018
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance
Northeastern Health System is currently seeking an experienced CASHIER.
Coordinates payment posting and deposits, including related functions.
The application for employment form must be completed and submitted in order to apply for a position at NHS. A resume or vita may accompany the application, but will not substitute applying for a position.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY! Applications available in the Human Resources department or online. ***Click "Apply Now" and you will be redirect to our email to apply and our application site online for easy apply. You may also apply at our Tahlequah location***
We pride ourselves in our qualified staff and recognize and reward our employees. Many of our employees have opportunities for advancement and promotion within our healthcare system. We offer a competitive benefits package as well as 403B Retirement Plan, Education Benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Wellness initiatives.
Insurance Benefits - We offer our full-time and part-time employees Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, 125c Plan and supplemental insurance.
Job Specific Duties
1. Posting Paper Remits efficiently with low error rates.
2. Posting Electronic Remit efficiently with low error rates.
3. Daily Deposits completed in a timely and effective manner.
4. Communicates with Accounting Department effectively on Recap Sheet.
5. Researches posting errors and resolves issues timely and ensures corrections made that will resolve future
6. Reviews credit balances daily and creates refunds for payment discrepancies.
7. Maintains and balances petty cash fund.
8. Communicates with insurance companies regarding questions, errors, or locating payments.
9. Check and balance the bank deposit, insurance checks, and G4 to ensure that all remits and payments are
10. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
1. Completes assigned tasks in timely manner.
2. Is accurate and conscientious.
3. Focuses on work and manages time wisely.
4. Asks for and offers help when needed.
Knoweldge of Policies
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety,
environmental and infection control standards.
2. Reports policy violations.
1. Comes to work on time for scheduled shifts.
2. Follows time-off procedures and notifies supervisor as needed of emergent situations.
3. Is accurate with time clock and notifies supervisor in timely manner of any needed time edits.
1. Attends meetings as required.
2. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current
literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.
3. Seeks ways to improve self and department.
1. Responds to e-mails and phone calls within 1 business day.
2. Is polite and professional.
3. Speaks kindly of coworkers and customers.
4. Informs team members and supervisors of information as needed.
5. Notes account and schedule as needed.
1. Abides by dress code.
2. Wears TCH ID badge daily as outlined in policy.
3. Presents professional demeanor.
1. Understands HIPAA rules.
2. Maintains confidentiality in written and oral communication.
3. Is mindful of volume and location of conversations.
4. Obtains consent forms per protocol as needed.
5. Offers patients privacy information.
Northeastern Health System provides its community and surrounding areas with unsurpassed excellence in healthcare. We pride ourselves in providing quality, caring service as well as employing those that have the same vision as we do. If you are looking for an excellent opportunity to work in a healthcare environment that fulfills your desire to help others and reflects a positive impact then, Northeastern Health System may be the ideal employer for you.