Posted on Aug. 10, 2017
Service to the Armed Forces is hiring Caseworker/Customer Service Specialists!
Full-time position with rotating days off.
Pay Rate is $12.60/hr.
SAF call centers are responsible for the intake, verification and delivery of emergency messages between service members and their families, and other services as needed. The Specialist provides 24-hour Emergency Communication, casework services and access to financial assistance in English to Red Cross clients (members of the US Military, their families and other eligible clients) at the SAF Call Center.
Service to the Armed Forces provides a worldwide system of services that are available to military members and their families. These services include:
• An emergency communications network available 24/7 to assist in family emergencies
• Verification of emergency leave information to help military commands make informed decisions
• Access to financial assistance
• Confidential counseling, information and referral and other social services
• Operate under general guidelines from the SAF Center Supervisor.
• Provides financial assistance to clients on behalf of military aid societies in accordance with the National Memorandum of Understanding.
• Compose and deliver emergency communication messages to domestic and overseas locations. Sends messages for delivery to deployment locations and ships at sea using military networks.
• Understands and applies Red Cross and SAF policies consistently and correctly.
To learn more about this role please watch the short video near the bottom of this page.