Posted on Jul. 10, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
• St. Petersburg, FL
• Pinellas Park, FL
• Largo, FL
• Clearwater, FL
• Tarpon Springs, FL
• Palm Harbor, FL
• Dunedin, FL
• Kenneth City, FL
• Seminole, FL
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of December 31, 2016, DaVita Medical Group’s teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. DaVita Medical Group’s leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
DaVita Medical Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita Medical Group makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita Medical Group will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
Education requirements• Minimum: High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
• Minimum: Special certification required for specific job and/or over 1 year of post high school education or a degree from a two-year college
• Preferred: Associate's or Bachelor's degree
Experience requirements• Minimum: 1-3 years of experience
• Preferred: Over 2-3 years of experience within healthcare industry
• Over 2-5 years of experience within specific job and/or department
• Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
• Performs effective prospective and concurrent review of requested services according to established guidelines and timeframes.
• Documents members’ service benefits by contacting the appropriate health plans as needed.
• Directs providers/members to contracted provider network and facilities.
• Processes appropriate authorizations for HMO/PPO clients as specified in the HCP procedures.
• Prints and mails authorizations to providers, patients, HMOs and facilities as needed.
• Assists and monitors in the processing of referrals.
Maintain and manage internal and external utilization processes in a timely and accurate manner consistent with HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) policies and procedures as described in the Utilization Management Plan.
Skills• Computer literate
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and Outlook)
• Able to type 25 wpm.
• 10-key skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Customer service oriented
• Filing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work on multiple assignments and manage time effectively
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, ask questions, and prioritize
• Capable of working independently as required