at We Are Blood
Posted on Apr. 23, 2018
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting patient needs for allograft tissue. It is through this dedication that approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries and what drives us to provide bereavement support to assist donor families during their grief.
We are currently hiring a Business Development Director to define, develop, and implement strategic business relationships for the establishment of new contracted donor referral sources and end user distribution service agreements in assigned service areas. The Business Development Director will lead the development of new business opportunities that support UTR’s overall growth strategy and works closely with Operation’s Directors to maximize UTR’s services to existing and new accounts as well as revenue generation.
1. Develop new business opportunities and relationships with assigned donor referral sources, vendors, hospitals, GPOs and other potential customers at all stages of the business cycle to include targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions.
2. Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds established goals and profitability targets.
3. Track shared service partner, distribution partnership and client leads, providing follow-up towards expanding both core and ancillary services provided by UTR.
4. Maintain and manage accurate, up to date account profiles on all contracted partners.
5. Develop relationships with senior management of potential new and existing client organizations and facilitate meetings with UTR management as indicated. to advance donor referral sources and end user distribution service.
6. Provide UTR senior management with market analysis summaries and reports as applicable to assist in strategic planning and the development of new service opportunities.
7. Effectively assist UTR management with large scale, complex contracts negotiations and close new agreements.
8. Collaborate with both internal/external partners and support teams to ensure successful implementation of UTR agreements and execution of contracts.
9. Attend conferences and professional association meetings to promote UTR’s value add solutions.
10. Prepare and give business reviews to the UTR senior management on a monthly basis.
11. Participate in UTR special functions and community events.
12. Meet at least annually with Texas Funeral Home Association to maintain presence within the funeral home community.
13. Partner with UTR internal contacts to maintain effective customer relationships and cohesive resources and materials, customer service and education to all donation partners.
14. Provide a high level of customer service through timely and ongoing communication, presence and visibility.
15. Special projects as assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Bio-engineering/medical or health care field with some graduate level courses in Management preferred. A current licensed RN or PA-c is preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of management and/or supervisory experience.
• Prefer 5 years of customer service experience in an organ, tissue banking and medical device field at a senior level.
• Must be a CTBS certified or test for CTBS at next available exam cycle.
• Must exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
• Must have excellent public speaking and communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of the bio-medical, allograft and device industry.
• Must have healthcare contract negotiations experience. Ability to develop sales strategies and negotiate pricing agreements.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
• Requires excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Computer skills that include the competent use of Microsoft Office Suite required; Great Plains and IMIS experience preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record. Must be able to provide reliable personal transportation.
• Travel is essential to this position and must be able to travel regularly throughout the assigned territory.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Please submit your resume for review to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax it to (512) 206-1261.
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check out our list of other employment opportunities at www.unitedtissueresources.org/careers/ to see how you else you can be a part of our organization. EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled