at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jul. 15, 2017
Job Band: Job Band 11 (JB11)
Hiring Manager: DEBBIE NUNNELEE
Lead Recruiter: MJ J TATUM
Country: United States
Business Continuity Planner
With minimal supervision, this position will coordinate and facilitate all business continuity planning activities. This role will interact with critical business units and support groups for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling, and maintaining the contingency planning efforts.
- Develops assessment of potential business impact (Business Impact Analysis), define critical, time sensitive functions, design develop, and document business continuity plans for business areas.
- Recommend strategies and options to assist with recovery solutions.
- Coordinate business continuity plan exercises.
- Develop schedules for training/ awareness for business area associates and leadership.
- Coordinate and conduct annual maintenance of business continuity documentation and updates, exercises, and independent review and validation. Make recommendation for improvements as needed.
- Report the business continuity status to senior management.
- Provide expertise and support to management and business functional areas, as requested, when a business disruption occurs.
- Completes customer requests in a timely and efficient manner or within designated timeframes.
- Serves at the primary point of contact and subject matter expert with company representatives.
- Works cooperatively and effectively in a team environment or across teams to achieve common goals and results.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Travel and off-hours on-call support required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May give work direction to other technical resources
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in business continuity field.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Requires problem solving, planning and organizing skills.
- Requires high degree of demonstrated leadership skills and good associate relation skills (customer service).
- Requires a demonstrated high level of honesty, integrity, ethics and professionalism. Including the collection and handling of confidential information.
- Requires the ability to learn new and diverse skills in a rapid and dynamic work environment.
- Requires ability to develop solutions to complex and technical problems, make appropriate decisions and meet time constraints.
- Ability to respond with a sense of urgency, work productively and efficiently, to respond to daily pressures and meet established deadlines.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Business Continuity Certified Planner preferred
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, or transporting up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Additional Physical Requirements
Domestic and international travel required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
Country: United States
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.