Posted on May. 2, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance
Great opportunity to start your career with a company that seeks to serve the Austin community. If you currently have a CDL and want to join a transportation company that is committed to efficiency, effectiveness, and quality, then this job is for you.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance (once permanent employee)
Fixed Route Bus Operator
Great opportunity to start your career with a company that seeks to serve the Austin community. If you currently have a CDL A or B with a passenger endorsement and want to join a transportation company that is committed to efficiency, effectiveness, and quality, then this job is for you.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and split shifts.
• Operates various types of transit buses in accord with policies, directives and procedures and in compliance with Federal and Texas laws and regulations.
• Maintains a working knowledge of current bus routes and stops within the service area as well as the current fare structure and bus pass programs.
• Conducts self in an appropriate manner at all times, while working in a diverse environment, assuring a professional quality of service to all external and internal customers. This includes properly answering questions and solving transit related concerns of customers.
• Provides assistance to disabled customers, including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, safely securing wheelchairs and announcing stops.
• Inspects assigned transit bus for mechanical problems. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices and transit bus controls for use while in service.
• Completes reports accurately and legibly.
• Performs various physical duties to successfully complete job responsibilities. These can include but are not limited to, boarding and deboarding transit buses, operating the wheelchair lift/ramp, assisting mobility impaired passengers board or deboard transit buses, securing wheelchairs using a 4 tie down restraint system, lifting the bike rack, lifting baggage compartment doors as may be required.
$14.28 per hour
Forward your resume today by clicking "Apply Now" on this page.