Posted on Jul. 12, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Broken Arrow Public Schools (BAPS) is seeking Bus Drivers. Available positions include full-time, part-time, on-call and 175-day contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: these statements are intended to
describe the responsibilities assigned to this position and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
• Safely drives a school bus over a prescribed route and transports eligible bus riders to and from school while maintaining a set schedule.
• Insures that student behavior is acceptable and conducive to safe driving habits.
• Writes student discipline reports; communicates with parents upon request.
• Insures assigned bus is properly checked on a daily basis and that any suspected maintenance problems are reported in a timely fashion.
• Complies with all local traffic regulations; reports delays or accidents promptly.
• Abides by all district safety standards and procedures.
• Performs duties and responsibilities as requested by the Transportation Director or designee.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: 1 year preferred
Skills: Valid CDL class B with air brake, and “P” and “S” bus endorsements and knowledge and understanding of traffic regulations. Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to use sound judgment and receive and appropriately respond to directions from supervisor.
• Able to deal effectively with changes in assignments and properly respond to complaints.
• Consistently act in a professional and patient manner.
• Work cooperatively with district employees and the public while achieving the objectives of the job.
Able to be in attendance for assigned work schedule with 95% minimum attendance.
Exposure to extremes of heat and cold. Expected to safely handle assigned vehicle in any weather conditions and on varying road surfaces.
• Walking as required to access equipment and perform responsibilities
• Sitting as required for length of route
• Use of hands and arms for driving, shifting, opening bus door
• Climbing and descending stairs in bus
• Talking and hearing as to communicate concerning job-related duties as assigned
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) with or without correction
• Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) with or without correction
• Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
• Peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Must pass DOT or State Department qualified physical
Interested? Click "Quick Apply" for apply options.