Posted on Aug. 30, 2016
This position provides product and service information in reference to product support, answers general questions about the program and the products, and triages incoming calls to appropriate destination. Accurate determinations for program eligibility based on program guidelines. Responsible for documenting required data elements into required fields in a prompt accurate manner based on program design and requirements.
- Process documents based on department guidelines in accordance with standards and performance indicators as defined by contractual requirements
- Receive incoming calls from multiple customers such as physicians and patients, and process requests by providing resolution or triage to the appropriate areas.
- Report Adverse Events and Product Complaints when needed.
- Answer inquiries and process incoming requests received by fax, mail or e-mail to provide callers with accurate, current information.
- Document customer requests and inquiries in call history database and ensure timely closure of all open issues.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral communication.
- Maintains all patient confidentiality.
Minimum (Required): (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
- Medicare/Medicaid knowledge
- Customer service experience
- Basic computer skills
- Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation.
What We Do:
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the health care environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Commitment at Every Level:
A large part of Omnicare's success derives from a commitment, at every level, to the welfare of each individual we serve. Each day, our employees consider how their work can improve the quality of life of residents and patients. Omnicare is truly a health care company, working to improve the health and quality of life for everyone we touch.