Posted on Oct. 18, 2016
Be part of Empire Today!
Empire Today, LLC is one of the nation's largest home improvement companies. We've been in business for over 50 years and now have a presence in most major metropolitan areas throughout the country.
This is an exciting time for Empire Today, and we need dedicated, enthusiastic people to help us grow! If you are someone who thrives on challenge and believes that you can positively impact our business while making change happen, then we invite you to apply to be a part of the Empire team!
The Operations Manager identifies areas of opportunity within the company; must have complete knowledge of Empire’s business and be able to influence others to achieve the company’s goals and objectives by coaching and training to achieve operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures through local branch visits
• Understands the concepts behind process improvement and measuring quality
• Provides updates and makes recommendations to Senior Management on a regular basis
• Leads and participates in cross functional teams to develop process improvements and systems that will improve the overall operations
• Provides guidance and feedback to General and Branch managers based on analysis of market performance as well as individual performance at all levels of the market organization
• Works with local market staff and Management to identify areas of opportunities in the branch
• Identifies trends, anticipates and defines problems, and creates proactive solutions related to the overall operation of the branch
• Conducts training and carries out company programs according to implementation plans
• Provides leadership in a business consulting role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Minimum 5 years of operations related experience in big box retail, consumer products
• Operational experience with facilities, warehousing, general office, field installations, customer service, sales, technology and process background
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
• Ability to assist team members with other projects as needed
• Experience with multiple location & multiple product businesses is a plus
• Ability to effectively & efficiently communicate (written & verbal) with various levels of management and demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times.
• Ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing work environment
• Ability to work independently – self-starter
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Operations Management required.
Computer Knowledge Requirements: MS Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook.
Our employees enjoy a casual, yet results-oriented environment where we value creativity, teamwork and innovation. To take your first step toward joining our winning team, please apply today.